The human body is made up of numerous organs that contribute to the overall well-being of the mental and physical health of every individual. However, given the constantly evolving modernised lifestyle, it has become extremely crucial to take extra care of all the main body organs and the liver is one of the most vital organs within the human body.
With the main function of blood filtration, the liver is also responsible for the production of various hormones and proteins that are necessary to keep the overall functionality of the human body in check. With the help of a routine liver function test, multiple precautionary steps can be taken to reduce the possibility of severe liver diseases and health concerns in the future. A healthy liver reflects on your skin, your body energy levels, your overall body performance, and your hair health.
Before researching the LFT test price in Delhi or any other city, let us first look at the top reasons why a routine liver function test is a major requirement today below.
Benefits of Routine Liver Function Tests
The main purpose of a routine liver function test is to observe and record the exact level of proteins and other enzymes in your blood flow to clearly indicate whether the levels are optimum or on the higher or lower side. This helps the doctor determine whether there is a possible concern for a liver problem. The top benefits include the following:
- With the help of a liver function test, you can benefit from early recognition of serious liver infections like hepatitis.
- A liver function test allows you to monitor the development of a disease and how the treatment is working effectively. This also helps in making the necessary changes in the prescription to avoid any unwanted consequences of the prescribed medication.
- Along with the possibility of a liver infection or disease, you can also find out how serious your disease is or the stage of your disease, with the help of a liver function test.
- Lastly, even though there are medications prescribed as per the doctor’s diagnosis, liver function test helps recognise any possible side-effects of the current medicines for timely rectification.
Now, you can find the most affordable LFT test price in Delhi online.
Types of Liver Function Tests
As the liver is a complex organ that houses multiple important enzymes, proteins, and amino acids, a basic liver function test is not always the solution. There are approximately 6 to 8 types of liver function tests available that measure the level of different key enzymes are proteins within the bloodstream for a more appropriate diagnosis.
Most of the routine liver function tests are completed with the help of a blood sample of the patient for the best results.
It is necessary to know which of the routine liver test should you take, along with the LFT test price in Delhi and other cities. Let us look at the common LFTs below.
- AST- Aspartate transaminase is one of the essential enzymes within the liver that is required for the constant metabolism of amino acids. If the AST level is higher than the optimum level, it can indicate the possibility of declining liver health, muscle damage and much more.
- ALP- Alkaline phosphatase is one of the essential enzymes that are present in the liver as well as the bones within the human body. They are responsible for the complete protein breakdown. If these levels are above the optimum requirement of the body, it can cause severe damage to your liver including blockage within the bile duct, along with several other bone diseases.
- ALT- Alanine transaminase is another crucial enzyme that is present in the liver and is responsible for the conversion of proteins into complete energy for the cells present in the liver. To know whether your liver is damaged or not, checking the ALT levels within the bloodstream is the key method.
Other than the above-mentioned 3 key tests for liver function, there are numerous other tests including albumin and total protein test, bilirubin, prothrombin time test, l-lactate dehydrogenase, and gamma-glutamyl transferase. It is necessary to consult a doctor to know which of the LFT test type is necessary to recognise the issues relating to your liver functionality. One more important thing to note is that the LFT test price in Delhi or any other city in the country depends on the test category you choose as recommended by a doctor.
Overall, given that liver is one of the most important organs within the human body, a routine liver function test is crucial in maintaining a healthy liver throughout your life. It is important to know the LFT test price in Delhi or any other city and book the right type of liver function test to know the necessary diagnosis. If you are looking for a routine LFT test, book LFT test here to avail yourself of home services for the utmost convenience. Do enquire about the LFT test price in Delhi or your current city to know all the important details necessary.